Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Wonders of the World -- Number One




 



My two teacher of that which is wonder-filled -- my daughter, Arden and son, Nicholas.

 Without a micro second of hesitation, my first thought of what in all of life is a wonder of the world, is having children.  No wait a minute, don't think I'm being all emotionally gooey and saying what a mother of two is supposed to say! From the moment I knew that I was pregnant with my first child -- that was March 17th of 1992 -- I was also pregnant with a great sense of awe in the creation of life.  I carried with me a true sense of the sacred when my children were "being knitted together in my womb" as the Christian scriptures beautifully describe.

During the process of birthing itself, I will save you from any vivid descriptions or thoughts.  Dr. La Fleur did have to spend some time convincing me that women do, indeed, live through the process and have for some time.  I will never forget that moment of delight when I was told each child was healthy and beautiful.  Each new born was placed in my arms immediately after that initial check.  My heart melted and I haven't been the same since.

Arden

 At each stage of their lives, my life has been touched in ways that are beyond summarizing in this tiny space. Now they are young adults who have my respect as well as my love.  I am filled with wonder.

Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment