Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Wonders of the World -- Number 2

Falling deeply, madly, passionately, totally in love  and the completeness that brings a person is the second Wonder of the World from my perspective.  Certainly that are several components of romantic or erotic love that are intoxicating -- from the first glance of attraction, time and attention directed your way, a proposal of marriage, the first tender kiss, to the surrender of love making. 

I remember is 7th grade I had progressive crushes on three different boys named Jim.  All my free time was spend mooning for each one.  I wrote "Jim" over and over again on my school folders.  It came in handy that I didn't have to purchase a new folder with the beginning of each new crush.

It took me a lot of year and a herd of failed relationship to learn that a long term relationship/marriage/partnership requires physical, emotional, social, spiritual and sexual connection.  When all those attractions and combinations are present -- that's a love to savor. That's a soul mate and a relationship to surrender to.

My husband in my precious best friend who supports me, balances me, attracts me, is proud of me, makes me laugh, and makes me proud.  After 11 years of marriage, my heart leaps when Dave comes home.  My heart melts when he embraces me.

There is an intimacy deeper than sexual and its a profound sharing of the emotional and spiritual awareness of self and one another.  When it is present, it is palpable.  When it isn't present, we often try to create it from lesser attractions.  Truly making love requires attraction in all the areas of relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment