Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Flock Has Arrived

Here's little Periwinkle a three day old Black Australorp.
Pansy is a White Plymouth Rock
The Fenton post office called at 6:50 am to tell me that my chicks had arrived.  I've been extremely excited about having my chickens, but I think the news could have waited another 10 minutes!

Two of them hatched on just Monday and arrived today -- Wednesday.  I think the orpington is a day younger. She is a little smaller and appears to be slightly less developed and aware.  I do hope she is alright.

Periwinkle and Pansy started eating immediately, so there's no concerns in regards to the two older girls. 

I've been waiting to have my little flock of chicks for about two years now, so I'm so happy to have chickens back in my life again. They are rewarding little creatures, with the ability to soothe and entertain.

My two dogs are very curious as you might guess.  The schnauzer, Truffle, would like to play with them and lick them "hello." Delli, my dachshund, on the other hand, would prefer them in nugget form.

As I write, Petunia is nestled just inside my shirt as she is comforted by the warmth and perhaps even the sound of my heart.  Pansy and Periwinkle are chirping delightfully on my dining room table.  What a beautiful song!



All three babies.



Babies in a buggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment